How to Obtain Your 2022 SSA-1099 #2

To assist in gathering your 2022 tax documents, here is a reminder of where to obtain a copy of your information return related to your Social Security Benefits. If you are a nonresident alien and you received or repaid Social Security Benefits, you will receive Form SSA-1042S. All others receiving Social Security Benefits will receive Form SSA-1099. These forms should be mailed by the government by January 31st of each year following the year of benefit.

Beginning February 1st, those that live in the U.S., have a few options to request a replacement copy:

If you live outside of the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, please contact your nearest Federal Benefits Unit.

You can request to receive the replacement information online or  on paper based on your preference. Online access also enables you to review your latest statements, change your address, set up or change your direct deposit, print proof of benefits, or request replacement cards.

Authored by: Michele Loretto, CPA, Manager, Tronconi Segarra & Associates LLP


Related Blogs

Mark A. Ferm, CPA, partner with Tronconi Segarra & Associates LLP, has been selected…
Tronconi Segarra & Associates tax partner Mark A. Tronconi, CPA, MBA, will participate in…
Tronconi Segarra & Associates’ partner David Werth, JD, CPA, will be the luncheon speaker…